We’re delighted that you’ve decided to learn more about this special school in Olympia, WA, where curiosity, social-emotional learning, and academic excellence meet.
The NOVA student body is an engaged, fun, unconventional group of middle-school students who get excited about learning together.
This includes students who either felt like they didn’t fit in or who seemed disengaged or indifferent toward learning in elementary school. We’ve watched students transform as they find a cohort of like-minded peers, enthusiastically explore new topics, absorb information, and celebrate the fascinating world we live in.
At NOVA, many different types of highly capable students grow and thrive. If you think you’d like to be part of our school community, this is the place to start.
First, take some time to learn about the school and our values by talking with people in the community who have a connection to NOVA.
To find out more about the school, our programs, and the admissions process:
- Attend one of our Previews, where students and their parents can ask questions, see the school, and meet our faculty and staff. You can attend virtually or in person. View upcoming previews or register here.
- Contact us for more information.
Once you decide to apply, you and your family will need to fill out an admissions packet. We’ll also ask you to take the CogAT, a cognitive abilities test.
Find out more about application details and please contact us if you have questions or need help with your application.
Of course, applying to be a student at NOVA Middle School is more than filling out forms. We want to get to know you—and help you get to know us.
As soon as you turn in your application, we’ll arrange for you to spend a morning at NOVA.
Here’s what to expect as an applicant:
- When you arrive, we’ll introduce you to a student ambassador, a current NOVA student who will be your guide for the day. We’ll also take a picture of you with your ambassador that we’ll keep with your application.
- You’ll attend classes with your ambassador, where you’ll have a chance to see what it’s like to learn alongside NOVA students. You’re welcome to participate in classes and engage with other students or just observe. It’s up to you.
- At some point during the day, you’ll meet individually with an adult who works at NOVA. This gives you a chance to ask questions and helps us get to know you better.
- Bring a snack that you can eat during break with your ambassador and other NOVA students.
Parents can also visit NOVA by:
- Scheduling a time to tour the school.
- Meeting with our Enrollment Director or Head of School.
- Attending a Preview. Register here.
To arrange for campus visits, call us and we’ll get you scheduled. We’re looking forward to learning more about you and introducing you to our school!
Need help with your application?
NOVA Staff is here to answer your questions and to guide you through the admissions process. Please call our office or send us a message and we'll answer any questions you may have.Contact Us